ARI 0.00% 2.2¢ a.c.n. 004 410 833 limited

The value of assets like Mining Consumables for me is what could...

1. 169 Posts.
    The value of assets like Mining Consumables for me is what could they sell it for based on free cash flow in a worst case senario.

I was just wondering what if ARI sold the Mining Consumables business, what would they get for it?

FY15 EBITDA around $200m

Stay in Business Capex (SIB) is 50% of DA = $50m

Cash flow after SIB capex = $175m

Say a 10x multiple on cashflow = $1,750m

Anyone who can borrow less than 10% makes a cash profit on the difference. Excluding a control and future earnings premium. So a worst case scenario for the price is $1,750m.

As Arrium is borrowing at 5.3% it has to be sold at a 18x multiple (i.e. 100/5.3%) to have a flat impact on cashflow.

BUT ARI would debt free!

Say Steel isn't worth anything, although this years $227m in steel assets sales suggests otherwise. And also that Steel generates no free cash going forward. Not today's situation or the huge jump in EBITDA associated with a lower currency in the 80c range. But let's just say...

ARI should be then be valued as a 'debt free' Iron Ore miner at 13Mt which a all in cost base mid to high $70's (ie including stripping 8/t).

*** Cash flow generation ***

Assume Iron Ore = $US94 for the next 4 years audusd 0.93

Cash Flow $AUD 101 - (78) = $23/t * 13Mt * 4yrs = $1,196m

Today Market Cap = $1,202m

That is the only way I get the current share price...

Of course in 4 years time ARI will still be producing Iron Ore at 6-7 Mt (all in cost $65/t ish for 58% grade) if you assume Peculiar Knob only lasts 5 years (very unlikely).

And I haven't even included a value for the port.

I don't understand the share price. It could be double and be still undervalued even with am assumption of today spot iron ore and currency for the next 4 years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.