BHP 0.52% $45.30 bhp group limited

Sell off, page-122

1. 2,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 913
    I don’t think that’s the right way to look at all of what’s been posted on response to your starting a new thread. If you reread a number of questions and queries posed to you on here they are many genuinely curious people just asking for clarification of your stance. Many of those posts include reference to their own options trading with underlying BHP stock. Most people I know who do things with options are genuinely curious people and approach things with an open mind. Writing options on underlying stock requires an open mind as the price can easily go either way hence people take out a structured position that includes both puts and calls. This has been alluded to by a number of people on here. You are discussing just buying on market almost expired puts that are significantly under the current share price. It sounds like a punt to me at the very least. I’d love to know what was the thinking behind it all.

So far the only response that I’ve seen is just a bit of talk about previous success. Where’s the chart that has these material events predicted? I am genuinely curious about this? Clearly the Dec 15 puts are going to expire worthless unless Putin goes ballistic and if that happens the whole market everywhere is a bit more than poked.. that leaves your Dec 22 positions. How much do you have riding on those? Why did you take such incredibly short dated positions? Maybe next time you do this sort of trade why not start a thread with a more open question about “what options strategy are people using on BHP?” You might find you get a better response and there’s a high likelihood that you might get some quite experienced people happy to share their knowledge.

I can’t imagine that you started this thread just to spend a bit of time having keyboard battles with random people over BHP. I’m sure there are plenty of people on here who would like to just gain a more clear understanding of what drew you to BHP? Why puts? Why so short dated? Why so deep a drop?

thanks mate, I’m not here for a keyboard fight.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.