MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

Sell sell sell, page-28

1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    There is no doubt MSB has the potential to become the next CSL.
    But, then once again, nothing is impossible.
    I think individual investors should ask one question how confident you are in MSB.

In my opinion, MSB's R&D is on the cusp of turning into real products.
    But, we have two options.
    1. We can invest now, while MSB is still in final R&D stages with unknown future revenue.
    2. We can delay our investment until MSB product is out in the market with established revenue stream and pay much much higher than $1.42 per share. (maybe $5 or $10 dollar per share)

Of course, investing in R&D stage means you have the potential to reap massive rewards.
    And, Waiting until MSB products are out in the market and generating revenue, limits the payoff (this is the price of insurance that we have to pay to derisk investment, when more is known)

It all boils down to
    1. buy it now = more risk, more payoff.
    2. buy it later = less risk, less but more certain payoff.

Guess which one Warren Buffett would pick.
    In contrast to investors like Buffett, look at great companies' founders. They are 100% invested in the company from the beginning, because they know they can do something great. However, founder's perspective is to achieve something great, really different to investors, whose aim is to make money.

So, if you are putting money in, because you believe MSB could achieve something great, regardless of how much profits it will produce, then investing in it is more than reasonable.

For those investing only to make money, consider the option to buy now or buy it later.
    Last edited by eight: 30/08/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.