sell we havent seen the bottom yet, page-16

1. 1,730 Posts.
    I think we are only just starting to come to terms on how big this event will be. It is far from over in my opinion. Have a look at the causes of past crashes and you'll soon realise this is a much larger problem. What caused the 1987 crash? People still disagree on it.

When you hear the likes of Alan Greenspan talking worried, I would listen. He's never been one to say much publicly and usually only tlks in his "Fed speak"

--------------------------------------------------------

The U.S. credit squeeze has brought on a "once-in-a-century" financial crisis that is likely to claim more big firms before it eases, former Federal Reserve chief Alan Greenspan said Sunday.

Greenspan told ABC's "This Week" that the situation "is in the process of outstripping anything I've seen, and it still is not resolved and it still has a way to go."

"Indeed, it will continue to be a corrosive force until the price of homes in the United States stabilizes," Greenspan said. He predicted that would not happen until early 2009, and said the odds of U.S. recession have gone up in recent months.

"I can't believe we could have a once-in-a-century type of financial crisis without a significant impact on the real economy globally, and I think that indeed is what is in the process of occurring," he said.

While recent declines in the prices of oil and food may help avert a recession, he said, "I wouldn't put my money on it."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.