TLS 0.78% $3.87 telstra group limited

selling is continue, page-18

1. 1,563 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    Snap Kitty Gave you a TU.

Have picked up quite a few parcels at 2.65 and will be moving out of BHP to give myself more buying on this one.

I appreciate the alternate view of Investor/Trader but in reality I guess I'm a contrarion and have done well out of buying when things stink the most :). This one is getting real smelly LOL

If we all had the crystal ball to be able to pick a bottom.
    Kitty I would share with you.

Alas we do not but as everybody has pointed out and Thodey has confirmed 28c dividend fully franked (14c of which will be delivered in Feb).

This is the thing underpinning Telstra's price
    if Telstar is sold down to say $1.30. then investors buying at those levels are gauranteed 20% + dividend return tax paid. As this doesnt happen in the real world "it wont happen".

I would suspect a 10%+ fully franked (= 13% return to average investor or corporate entity)is unsustainably high therefore if the 10%+ is gauranteed (and will not fall) the price of the share will have to go up to reflect a more normal % market return on the share.

If Telstra is $3.50 the 0.28c return would be about 8%..

IMHO Telstra will be trading up or near this short term if the NBN deal is sorted and we manage to stop the government medalling in our company.

All we have to do is sit on our holdings. Not give a toss about the daily share price and wait for the deal to finalise.

External factors such as FF selling and NBN will sort themselves eventually as KittyBoomBoom suggests.

I will be topping up as I liquidate other positions.

The above are my thoughts only and you should "DYOR"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.87
Change
0.030(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $44.71B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.88 $3.90 $3.85 $67.39M 17.40M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 70984 $3.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.88 154208 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.