CVN 3.23% 15.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

selling ourselves,.or not daring to hope..., page-3

1. 2,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    Digressing ever so slightly off course here (but completely on topic nonetheless) Ive been involved with an ASX-listed gas company that announced massive flow rates pretty much as soon as the gas started coming out of the ground,choosing to ignore the coke-bottle affect. 2 or more years later those wells have hardly sold a c.f. of gas,and the flow rates are miserable. If Ive learnt any thing from this its that oilers and gassers should be slow to advise flow rates ,and release rates,or start to release them,only when they are "stabilised). Pat on the back for CVN.Kick in the pants for that other company,and maybe for ASXs rules... Now to the nub of this post.... The 3360 figure for WBext1 is fantastic,PARTICULARLY as its a figure for a well that is miles past the coke-bottle stage. Can you imagine that its going to become 2000 or 1000 anytime soon ? Note that nobody is making any promises where it will be in 12 months time. Now on to the 2nd (of up to 16)WB wells. ...I suggest that another read of the 27/8 ann is well worth the effort re WBext1 A ,particularly the part that reads "In the event that the zone appears to have low permeability(no drilling fluid losses) and in order to ENSURE A HIGH DELIVERABILITY (my highlighting) the well will be immediately sidetracked to a highly faulted location.....". What else can that,in conjunction with the other comment re that wells results ,mean except probable excellent news ? I will stop there-2 down,maybe another 14 to go at WB, before Xmas even (In real estate they have a saying "always run with the hot prospect" so I dont like even L33s prospects of getting a go with the rig soon. ... While you are re-reading the 27/8 ann. about WBext!A have a look at the map in the ann.-note the alignment of the successful WBext1,WBext1A,L33-1 and L33-2 wells and,if you can be bothered, draw yourself a scale map of where the pads are for WBext-2,WBext-3 and WBext-4.You will see that the WBext-2 pad is on the line,WBext-4s pad is not far off it though WBext-3s pad is a bit to the North east .... Its a bit early to say what the position will be at Xmas but you wouldnt have to get too many hits in the volcanics at 3000bopd for the next 3 months to be "well above average ". Its a brave person who bets on CVN not moving solidly ahead,and soon. Just my opinion. DYOR. Cheers. Phew (is there a prize for the longest post on HC?)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $268.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.5¢ 14.5¢ $226.3K 1.511M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 396878 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 2549808 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.