TLS 0.52% $3.86 telstra group limited

Thanks hermans, I am aware of this, my TLS stock is also held by...

1. 1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Thanks hermans, I am aware of this, my TLS stock is also held by SMSF in pension stage, so no tax and franking credits refunds. It is just that I like to squeeze a bit extra than just divi and trade the fluctuations. There was very little I had to do with TLS, ever since I got in, just buy few more here sell some there, bank the divies and refund cheques.

Otherwise I am not big on the charts either, but this 40SMA seems to be a good timing tool, allows you to spot stocks that fell on hard times for a while and then start to recover.

Some other stocks I got are QAN, NAB, BSA and they have done quite ok for me recently. BSA is starting to look like running out of steam.

The beauty of this method is that when you get in, you set yourself a target to exit -stop loss- in case stock fails to perform as expected. If it runs hard, you can buy some more, all the time keeping your average bellow current SP.
    You may need to readjust your stop loss target or just monitor your 40SMA you can repeat this if the trend continues. I believe the term for this strategy is averaging up, and one needs to take care, that he left with some profit, when the stop loss is triggered.

BSA also declared interim 1c dividend fully franked, that is why am still in, it is a good cash flow business, hardly any debts, used to do some Telstra maintenance, among many other things, now they won maintenance work from Foxtel, If the AUN Foxtel merger goes through, the could be even more dollars going BSA way.
    So it is not only the charts I use, I will do basic FA and like to have the decision to go in confirmed by moving average.
    If the SP is moving through 40 SMA going north, it is not the lowest price, the stock has already turned around and there other, also getting on board.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.86
Change
-0.020(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $44.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.89 $3.86 $49.76M 12.86M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 228669 $3.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.87 236423 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.