I think we should be both applauding Russia and be grateful to...

1. 1,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I think we should be both applauding Russia and be grateful to it for doing what the West has been refusing to do all along - tackle ISIS and other terrorist groups in the Syria head-on.

No matter what people think or don't think about Russia and Putin, click on the link below for some interesting viewing with some really good points being made about the US and its allies (not named but being Turkey and Saudi Arabia).

As for the cruise missiles. There are two points to make. First their flight path took them over Iranian and Iraqi airspace on the way to their final destination, Syria. At no point did they enter/violate Turkish airspace (the poster who made those comments is confusing warplanes with missiles). Secondly it is the first time that Russia has ever used cruise missiles and it flies in the face of everything the West tells us about Russia re: the Russians being technologically backward. It's no surprise to me that this morning the US has claimed some of the cruise missiles fired crashed in Iran as having denied Russia's technological capabilities and being proven wrong the next tactic is to say they have that technology but it doesn't work.

As for Turkey, they have bigger problems. They should worry about China more than Russia. Russia is angry about Turkey's support for ISIS, but a much bigger problem for Turkey is that China is livid about Turkey's support of Uighur militants within China's own borders. With reports of Chinese involvement in Syria and the Middle East in general becoming louder and louder I would be very nervous if I was Turkey. As for NATO is swearing to protect Turkey, I wonder if it has ever occurred to them that they would be fighting China and not Russia? The Chinese have described NATO as puny and threatened to squash it like a mosquito - a quote made by one of the top brass of the Chinese military I watched in a TV interview 5+ years ago. The Chinese military has come a long way since then whilst NATO has been going backwards fast.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.