LYC 3.88% $6.16 lynas rare earths limited

senator ludlam's point of view

1. 196 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I recently received this email from Senator Ludlam in reply to my complaints about Senator Rhiannon et al. Any comments?

Thanks for your email of 5 April 2012 to Senator Bob Brown regarding the activities of the Australian mining company Lynas. As I have the responsibility for this issue he has forwarded your email to me. I apologise for the time it has taken to respond.

We support the development of rare earth deposits because as you are aware, these minerals are essential for the development of a range of green technologies. However, we don’t believe this means Lynas should be allowed to cut corners. We have serious concerns about the company’s proposal to export concentrates (and skilled jobs) to Malaysia, and have been supporting the Malaysian opposition to the plant.

My state colleague Robin Chapple MLC has also been working on this matter. He recently hosted Malaysian campaigners at Parliament House in Perth and attended the Earth Charter events in Kuantan to show his support for the Malaysian community opposing the Lynas plant.

I’ve met with Lynas directly and put my concerns to them and believe this project can go ahead in WA with appropriate environmental and public health safeguards.

I appreciate your thoughts on this issue.

Yours sincerely

Scott Ludlam

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.16
Change
0.230(3.88%)
Mkt cap ! $5.757B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.91 $6.19 $5.91 $27.57M 4.507M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $6.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.17 69879 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.