sentenced to death for atheism - Guess which religion, page-126

1. 11,967 Posts.
    I have my doubts that Sir Frederic Kenyon ever analysed the Codex Sinaiticus.
    ------------

It would be amazing if that was the case considering the first place mentioned on the video where the Codex is housed was the British Library. His writings expressed the aim of countering modern criticism.
    It has been reported:
    After his retirement he had a hand in the acquisition of the Codex Sinaiticus and the publication of the Chester Beatty papyruses that helped toward authenticating the Greek Scriptures.

W 7/1 86.
    Interestingly, one of Jehovah’s Witnesses writes concerning this famous archaeologist: “Sir Frederic Kenyon had several of the Society’s publications, for over the years it was my privilege to leave various books with him and to correspond with him. I became acquainted with him in early 1936. . . . It was a book by Dr. Kenyon that enlightened me as to the origins of the Bible. I wrote and told him so. His book The Story of the Bible in time came to me inscribed, ‘With the best wishes of the author, F. G. Kenyon, May 1st, 1937.’
    “On receiving the book ‘The Truth Shall Make You Free,’ published by our Society, he wrote me: ‘Your object is the same as my own, to persuade people to read and believe the Bible; but you appeal to a much wider public. My books are addressed primarily to those who are disturbed by what they are told about the results of modern criticism and discovery, while your book speaks to readers of all classes and kinds. I wish you all success to your work.’
    “Writing regarding two more of our Society’s publications, he again referred to our common objective, ‘to encourage people to read the Bible, and to read it intelligently,’ and he added: ‘I am glad to hear that your books are circulating widely and in many lands.’ . . .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.