PMH 0.00% 26.0¢ pacmag metals limited

Ian, Cluedo et al.. I had some email comms a few weeks back also...

1. 810 Posts.
    Ian, Cluedo et al.. I had some email comms a few weeks back also confirming intent for the upgrade in Aug/Sept... so given we are into Sept now hopefully it will be soon - I notice that PMH is also intending to drill test Blue Hills in 3rd quarter - so even with the upgrade, looks like the intent is to continue to add to the resource.

Would certainly be interested to know if anyone hears otherwise re the upgrade.

In the meantime further to the links posted a few weeks back, masses of coverage out there on Sentinel, and while its all of the same (positive) vein, nice to see it sustained.

Cheers, DL

http://www.fabtech.org/news_from_around_the_web/_a/eureka_germanium_found_in_us/
    and
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080831/BUSINESS/808310351/1003/RSS03

Eureka! Germanium found in U.S.
    01 September 2008 | Source: indystar.com | News From Around The Web > Materials and Gases

A large and valuable deposit of high-grade germanium, a scarce silicon-like mineral used to make semiconductors and fiber optic cables, has been uncovered by an Australian company.A consultant says it may be the first time a "significant" germanium deposit has been found in a coal seam in North America.

Formation Resources, of Bismarck, a newly formed unit of PacMag Metals Ltd., based in West Perth, Australia, was granted a state permit in April to drill about 600 test holes for uranium in southwestern North Dakota. After completing 336 test holes, the company found germanium.

China and Russia mine germanium from coal seams, said Jim Guilinger, a PacMag consultant and president of Arvada, Colo.-based World Industrial Minerals."It's a major find, in our mind, and it's definitely a whole new wrinkle on the project," Guilinger said. "It's a lot more rare than uranium."Guilinger said PacMag Metals tested for germanium because of a brief mention in state documents.

"There was a reference in a geological survey from the early 1950s that mentioned evidence of germanium in the same area where we are drilling for uranium," Guilinger said. "We looked for it, and sure enough, it was there."The U.S. has never had a germanium mine, he said.The United States used 66 tons of germanium last year, up from 22 tons in 2003, the U.S. Geological Survey says.Germanium in the U.S. comes from imported material, or from scrap. It is recovered as a byproduct from zinc mines in Alaska and Washington state, and is processed domestically at refineries in Oklahoma and New York, the USGS said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PMH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.