ADO 4.55% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

Sepsis is a big deal

1. 816 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 596
    The Ellume deal has brought a lot of newcomers to this stock recently and many will be trying to work out what the prospects for this company are. A good understanding of sepsis needs to be a part of those considerations.
    Sepsis is also known as septicaemia or blood poisoning. Any infection can cause sepsis, it occurs when the body's immune system over-reacts to an infection and begins to damage tissue, which can rapidly lead to organ failure and death. My step daughter almost died from a misdiagnosed case three years ago. It is a terrifying disease. Part of the problem is there is no fast accurate test for it yet. Every hour diagnosis is delayed mortality increases by 8%.
    In 2017 it was estimated that there were 48.9 million cases which resulted in 11 million deaths which accounted for almost 20% of all global deaths. Its seems quite astonishing that there is no fast accurate test for something that causes almost 20% of the worlds deaths. That is where ADO steps in.
    Prior to Covid ADO was working on a test for sepsis. They were multiplexing three different biomarkers to provide a fast accurate sepsis test. In the October webinar Derek Thomson stated that they had got to the proof of concept stage and that the results had been "very good". Newcomers need to know that Derek has a mantra of "underpromise and overdeliver", a very refreshing take for a speccie CEO. He has indeed lived up to this aspiration so far. So when he says the results are "very good" we can be reasonably confident they are VERY good.
    The sepsis test was put on the backburner so ADO could throw all its resources (all 18 of them) at developing a world class Covid test which is due to be released within weeks. In the October Webinar Derek stated that they would be returning to the sepsis test after the Covid program was completed. ADO was able to take its Covid test from "proof of concept" to finished product in a matter of months, the sepsis test is already at proof of concept.
    In the USA sepsis is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals, estimated to cost $27 billion annually. I envisage every hospital on the planet wanting this test. Globally a huge chunk of the precious health budget will be freed up if we can deliver a fast accurate test. I for one am very proud to be a shareholder in a company who is going to potentially make such major contributions to humanity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
-0.001(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $50.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.3¢ 2.1¢ $38.09K 1.731M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1505316 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 676543 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.2¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.2¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ 764931
Last updated 15.55pm 03/05/2024 ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.