For some reason there is a consensus among apparently the...

1. 101 Posts.
    For some reason there is a consensus among apparently the majority of people, that climate change is something to be feared.
    Is this really the case? I would argue that is something we will deal with quite well, provided the temperature rises only. Given that climate has always been changing, and no doubt at all about it, climate will continue to change, regardless of the input from human activity. I think it would be reasonable to consider just what might be the outcomes we might expect from this inevitable climatic variation.
    There are two possible directions for average world-wide temperature. Static seems to be very unlikely; that would be unusual, indeed impossible. Those calling for action to stop climate change are fantasizing, such outcome is completely unrealisable, and the cost of trying to force this fantasy on the world could be quite disastrous for our society.
    Falling temperatures would be absolutely disastrous. A slight cooling of the Earth would result in very severe disruption to the major industrial and food producing nations of the world. Rising temperature and sea levels would cause problems for some areas and great benefits for others, but the major industrialised and food-producing nations would be very seriously disadvantaged only if the changes were too rapid, not so much if they were to take place over the course of a century.
    I believe that falling global temperature would cause disaster, whereas rising temperatures, not so bad.
    The game will go to those who play best the cards they are dealt.
    I suggest that those who want to combat climate change carve idols out of coal, and worship them.
    That sounds like as good an idea as any.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.