VOC 0.00% $5.49 vocus group limited

Imagine the legal consequences if they told you privately...

1. 4,934 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2410
    Imagine the legal consequences if they told you privately something that hadn't been publicly announced! Emailing to state your concern is good and fine, it applies pressure. Expecting anything of substance in response is unrealistic.

Similarly if there's something evil that they are aware of they'd have called a trading halt and rushed the news out to clear themselves of liability.

I see this as an opportunistic squeeze taking advantage of a number of collaborating factors:
    1) Uncertainty over the effect of the NBN on the data-carriage market.
    2) Uncertainty over the M2 reverse take-over and shakedown.
    3) Concern over the competitive up-ramp from rivals.
    4) Lack of substantive guidance from Vocus.
    5) Lack of institutional appetite for the stock (because of the above factors)

When you have that much concern and uncertainty over a stock it's extremely vulnerable to a sharp short attack, which is what I believe is happening.

I myself have been quite bearish on this stock and have made my thoughts reasonably plain here. I had it pegged as fair value around $3. I had thought it might take a year to get there.

I believe also that there's quite a bit of emotional selling kicking in now, which could take this stock quite a bit lower. I've seen predictions ranging from $2.50, which don't seem unrealistic.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.