SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

If I had purchased shares between October 2018 and 2, October...

1. 2,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4423
    If I had purchased shares between October 2018 and 2, October 2019 (I purchased in 2015), I would be wondering why now, why not October 2018? I know that the ASX is busy, but isn't this what the ASX is suppose to do - watch and protect shareholders? If the ASX does find corruption that causes the shares to fall, how culpable is the ASX for shareholder losses who purchased after October 2018?

It is fair to ask whether the ASX only watches companies with a market capitalisation > x (x = some high figure) or when stock analysts start to notice a stock and does ASX's initial investigation for them. And why should this be? This is when the shareholder is most vulnerable.

An argument might be that people who invest in small caps know the risk and therefore the small cap investor deserves to lose money if they do such a risky thing. Although it is clear that there is more risk in investing in small cap companies than large cap companies, this is flawed reasoning since this is really what the stock market should be about - investing in new technologies so that companies can grow, not investing in companies that are already there. This is surely where the ASX SHOULD be keeping a watchful eye.

I only invest in small caps stocks and I do it knowing that I will win some and lose some. And whilst I take responsibility for those investments in which I take losses, I also expect the ASX to do their job and flag issues closer to the time they occur, not years after an event.

Last edited by itzgr82balive: 02/12/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.