GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

serious questions about gld and slv etfs , page-6

1. 1,418 Posts.
    "Is it too absurd to suggest we could have a scenario where the price of units in a gold ETF collapses while the price of gold soars?"

Nup, something like that is very easy to consider. I mean some gold stocks could plummet as gold sky rockets.

This comment is pure nonsense: "What mught happen to a listed ETF if its investors discovered it was not what it claimed to be, that it did not have the physical gold stored that it led the public to believe it had?"

Replace ETF with any gold mining company and see what the result would be.

Why do you continue to slur ETFs when you have nothing but hearsay evidence at best or shear ignorance at least (although I think that you are starting to at least actually look into the products finally)?

Why can such constant defaming posts of a respected investment product be allowed to continue unchecked on this forum? And remember there are plenty of respected investors investing in ETF's eg, CIC, Sorros etc, etc.

Didn't someone get tracked down and taken to caught for defaming a company on HC? As far as I am concerned SP's continued defamation of certain ETF's is in a similar vein. It's one thing to have evidence; it's completely different to defame a company without any basis what so ever.

But of course, SP is a mod now, so as MC Hammer once said: "Can't touch this"

- pug

ps: it ain't even as though I am a blind fan of ETFs, it's just that I can't understand arguments that are baselessly formed on conjecture and hear say and ignorance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.