SOR 0.00% 4.3¢ strategic elements limited

Serious Technical & Fundamental discussion only, page-341

1. 1,836 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 488
    It seems like Dewei Chu is a busy boy. Beside registering a new patent on behalf of SOR he seems to have his finger in a number of projects involving nano-generators.

Below is a link to a co-authored article he was involved in on Nanoscale Advances a bit over a week ago.

From my nonscientific mind I can glean that he is also involved in researching materials that when exposed to mechanical motion as in friction between certain unique materials when worn on the body they produce electrical output that seem sufficient to power medical devices for monitoring various health conditions. I am not sure how this compliments self powered moisture electrical generating batteries but maybe between the two they get sufficient electrical output for commercial use?

I wonder whether this area of research is involved in the new patent application of which we are yet to see an announcement for? A couple of snapshots below...

' The PTENGs (a type of nano-generator) have broad applications in self-powered flexible sensors embedded in clothing and
    shoes, and large-scale energy harvesters to scavenge wave, wind and motion of transportation
    vehicle, etc. There is an increasing demand for developing flexible nanogenerators that can harvest
    biomechanical energy from human movements such as arm swings, leg motions, heel strikes
    and elbow joint motion. For the application in wearable technologies, flexibility becomes
    essential performance requirement for the comfort and convenience of wearer. To overcome the rigidity, flexible polymer films or fibrous materials are used as structural constitutes of PTENGs to be able to scavenge energy from a broad range of human movements in low frequency ranges and to increase their sensitivity and durability as well. ' and;

' The PTENGs can be potentially applied in diverse areas such as intelligent sports, artificial sensory nervous system, intelligent signal
    recognition, security system and document management systems, etc.'

I have not read the article in full or digested it in any significant way. I would be interested to hear other people's views on it. It is quite a fascinating read.

https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlepdf/2021/na/d1na00501d?page=search

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.15M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.3¢ 4.4¢ 4.3¢ $4.031K 93.38K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 224883 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 157975 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.33pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.