1PG 0.00% 16.5¢ 1-page limited

Seriously ASIC need to look at this!, page-27

1. 214 Posts.
    WOW TDA - personal attack and that I have no idea rather than trying to argue the facts. You know what they say about people who use that sort of arguing technique!! Well done to you!!! If you do respond please focus on facts and not aggressively telling me (and I notice you do it often to others too) how stupid I am because I don't agree with you. BTW - why don't you read what I have written on BRL, it is down over 90% since I went bearish on it (although I was long on the way up and some of the way down in 2011/2012), but haven't been in the stock for years (and it was hardly a big position, but the right sort of position to comment on for this sort of site).

FYI (some facts, not personal attacks) - 1PG has a short interest of 1.7%, which has been steadily increasing since July 15. 1.7% is still very low (it is 2-3 days average turnover). 1PG has a similar short interest to CBA (is that being hugely manipulated too??). MTS has one of the highest short interests at 25% (so does that mean it is manipulated or that the hedge funds have been absolutely right??).

I think certain quant programs and some traders manipulate stocks but only in the short term. The amount of capital needed to manipulate a stock and impact the medium term trend is significant and it would show up very quickly via the 5% substantial shareholder notice (either the holder or the bank if put on swap) or in the short interest. 1PG is not being smashed by the short sellers or being manipulated by some unknown force. Also, was it being manipulated on the way up too??

1PG is one of the most discussed stocks on hotcopper. To me this is the classic concept stock, that has highly promotional management who have promised the world, that is very well held by short term traders, has recently rolled over and traders are heading for the exits.

When a stock has no earnings, no cashflow and will very likely need to raise capital again and again (not super short term, but will need to keep raising) it is very difficult to know what the downside is.

At the end of the day the most important thing is what sort of cashflow this company can earn and the rates of return on the capital invested, not that it has signed some contracts with big companies that generate very little actual cashflow (I know I know I clearly don't understand the industry or company!!). I understand that 1PG is all about future earnings (all concept stocks are), but again what sort of downside valuation do you put on something like this? This is the problem with all concept stocks, they sound like a great concept (and probably are) but it is all about future earnings and actually becoming the dominate incumbent in an industry (particularly when there are other existing dominate incumbents) is exceptionally difficult.

I agree that 1PG will either be worth billions in the future or virtually zero. Unfortunately history shows that the probability of it being one of the very few companies that become dominate is very low. None of this means the super run it has had is over, but the chart is looking pretty sick at the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1PG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.