AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

Settlement/purchase options, page-399

1. 7,329 Posts.
    Just out of interest, since we are talking about legal proceedings... and it's so boring here...:

A long time ago I was grilled in the witnessbox for 3 full days (family court property & child custody). My lawyer said I did well, but in the end lost the custody battle (although 90% attributable to a change of judge midway, who had a rubber stamp for such matters).

My team got several related cases thrown out based on technicalities. A big relief.

The opponent's team were nothing short of the (anti-social) Sydney Gustapo with many tricks to try to destroy a man who worked hard for half his life building his business and gave the b#tch a good life (for just a 5 year marriage - visa scam).

I did 'win' the property case. I quote the word 'win' because the legal fees weren't funny over two years (and my business destroyed).

The point I am making is: Don't be too impressed by lawyers who want to prove themselves or who portray themselves as aggressive on the phone in their client's presence).

In another case much longer ago I was witness to a little boy who threw a stone at a passing car (me) and when I took the boy to his home to talk with his father, I got punched in the face by him for no reason. In the witness box, at one point I wasn't sure which hand was used (for whatever, I forgot), but the case was dismissed on that basis. Technicality.

Is our court system fair? I can see AGS being punched in the face also.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.