So, one of my accused failings has been to not respect the ADL's...

1. 6,624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    So, one of my accused failings has been to not respect the ADL's right to blackmail and intimidate Iceland, a sovereign country, and thereby prevent that country from functioning in a way that any nation would expect to function.

I have been told that the justification for this behaviour is that the ADL is entitled to threaten a country's economy as long as Jewish people benefit, even if that country is not anywhere close to Jewish majority (35 Jews were resident in Iceland at the time the ADL threatened Iceland that it would use its media links to damage Iceland's reputation).

For that to be a valid justification (and for me not to be convinced that certain people believe that Jewish feelings are more important than everyone else's) I think it would appropriate, @sensayuma, to answer this question ....

Would you criticise an unelected body which, using its position in a foreign country, writes letters to the Israeli government and discussed banning circumcision and further suggesting they would use their media influence to affect their economy if they didn't get their way?

I'm almost certain @sensayuma won't answer this, however I'm not sure whether I'll have my opinion compared with a famous figure from the 1930s or advised to seek psychological help.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.