SEV 0.00% $7.41 seven network limited

disagreecontent, price and features will all contribute to be...

1. 226 Posts.
    disagree

content, price and features will all contribute to be the killer here.

TiVo cant access FoxTel, and, it will have extremely limited download content (just like TiVo in the US). It is also pitched at a price point near PVR's and just below Media Centres.

Problem is that say Fox which is tied up with Ten, wont allow access to any of its content online (as it would be in breach of the agreement to Ten) and similarly with Warners regarding Channel Nine.

Given the limited use of TiVo, and the difficulty using it, I think that this is being well overstated by Seven, unless they plan to start offering some serious content.

Then, the UNW network is unsuitable for even push applications - ReelTime and Unwired couldnt actually make it work, due to limitations on the UNW network, and the high contention ratios already on the network.

Given that PVR's are becoming cheaper and cheaper (a TiVo is just a PVR with some extra features), and that cheap Media Centres can already record live TV, and access online content from BigPond Movies, ReelTime and others on the web (plus store music, photos, video etc)- Seven is going to need to put up a real strong consumer proposition here - have my doubts on this one being a real black hole.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.