Seven things Jesus Christ did NOT say.

1. 610 Posts.
    1. “Be true to yourself.”
    Jesus said, “… If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his stake and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.” (Matthew 16:24-25)
    “Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God.” (1 Peter 4:1-2 ESV)

2. “Follow your heart.”
    Jesus said, “And whoever does not take his stake and follow me is not worthy of me.” (Matthew 10:38)
    “He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered.” (Proverbs 28:26 NKJV)
    “The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately sick; Who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17:9 ESV)

3. “Believe in yourself.”
    Jesus said, “Believe in God; believe also in me.” (John 14:1 ESV)
    Jesus also said, “For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.” (John 6:40 ESV)
    “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.” (Proverbs 3:5-7 ESV)

4. “Live your truth.”
    Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6 ESV)
    “This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:11-12 ESV)

5. “As long as you are happy.”
    Jesus said, “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?” (Matthew 16:26 ESV)
    “Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.” (James 4:8-10 ESV)

6. “You’re a good person.”
    Jesus said, “… No one is good except God alone.” (Mark 10:18 ESV)
    “… None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” (Romans 3:10-12 ESV)
    “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.” (Psalm 51:5 NIV)
    “Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.” (Ecclesiastes 7:20 ESV)

7. “God helps those who help themselves.”
    Thus says the LORD: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the LORD.” (Jeremiah 17:5 ESV)
    “For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.” (Romans 5:6 NASB95)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.