Fair enough,but the trinity etc were given in that post as an...

1. 3,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 530
    Fair enough,but the trinity etc were given in that post as an example of how it changes the father son relationship,the vicarious death of the son on the cross and the concept of God,so the example had to be made.

"I agree that the Bible authors borrowed from surrounding issues, even from bad ones like stoning."

That point i was making,was not as much the borrowing of the writer's, but more the practices of the people

God never instituted stoning etc,that practice was a learned practiced that was incorporated into their culture from what they witnessed in bondage over generations, as were their heath practices etc etc

So the point i was making,in the old testament when it talks about God commanding stoning etc,the context using the rest of the bible,is that God was communicating to those barabaric people where they were at,it is what they wanted,not God

Its like Samual told Isreal God didnt want them to have a king,they rejected that advice and chose a king anyway,the king led the nation away from God to war and everything God didnt want for them,but,God in his forbearance, then had to deal with the people where they were at,what they had chosen,it was never his chosen will but he went where they chose,and try as he might to bring them back to his ways

Isiah 55
    8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God worked with man where he is at
    It was never his will that things ended up the way they have

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.