THR 5.88% 1.6¢ thor energy plc

severe overreaction, page-2

1. 56,624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    Hi Geldmangel

IMHO, you are correct but the devil is in the detail.

The secret is in concession costs, which add to the capital expenditure needed. ie the economics. The treatment costs for QOL is approx $26 as compared to THR's $63. The total operating costs of THR have blown out to 30 -40% more than QOL.

Added to this, QOL have moly and wolframite conc. costs. QOL have enormous amounts of cash - around $21m....now compare the market caps of both companies and you'll see why she has been dumped.

Please understand that QOL has a MTU cost of MTU/-US$1 compared to a selling price of $250 due to their sognificant moly credits. THR has something around -$79MTU - they are even in a better position - in fact and outstanding position. So this is a good sign, but again the devil is in the detail. The capex is too large - you might get a JV for finances and off takes or shareholders are faced with enormous dilution.

However, the infill drilling was interesting whcih has resulted in a larger resource through the extension of the pit shell.

More studies will be needed for THR, however, if it meets feasibility conditions, you may end up giving away half of the company.

There are better tungsten/moly plays atm but I can see why you might like the U and the moly credits. I can also tell you that there are far worse out there who are attempting to capitilise on sentiment and current price conditions of Tungsten that stretch right across all of the stock markets.

...but the Chinese hangover very rarely goes away.

Obviously, management have been an issue too.

Check PDM if she can prove herself up to 500,000 tonnes with the scheelite concesssions, with current JORC being 0.9% (huge). They have uranium too - just like so many of the junior tungesten plays - the worst one atm is RAU. LOL

HSK is interesting and of course KIS & VML You will notice a few others coming on line soon - Kangaroo Metals I would have strongly recommended if you wanted free shares (KML).... but it is too late. The renouncables record date was 02/08 for a 2:1 option.

Things are never what they seem.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add THR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.