SEV 0.00% $7.41 seven network limited

sevpc morningstar opinion

1. 477 Posts.
    I subscribed to a free trial of Morningstar's research, and they have recently published their opinion on SEVPC. The salient comments are:

- If SEV is still sitting on a big pile of cash at the step-up date in May 2010, and no major investment is imminent, there is a high chance that they will redeem the TELYS3 for $100 each. They note that the interest SEV is earning on the cash will not offset the interest payable to TELYS3 holders at the stepped up rate of BBSW+4.75%pa. They suggest that rolling over the TELYS3 into debt is another option, as bank finance may come cheaper than the stepped up rate given that SEV has a sound balance sheet.

- TELYS3 is only for "higher-risk investors" as SEV's investment objectives are "opaque", as is the internal structure of Seven Media Group.

- Morningstar values SEVPC at $94 with a "fair yield margin" of 6.75%. They assume an 80% chance of redemption at the step-up date.

- Conversion of TELYS3 into ordinary shares is unlikely given that the earnings yield is higher for SEV than SEVPC, so conversion would cause dilution of SEV shareholders.

On today's closing share price and BBSW, we're looking at a 9.5% yield to maturity (i.e. 9.5% return through dividends and capital gain in the next ~7 months).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.