SEV 0.00% $7.41 seven network limited

Agree with your post, Boomer.I've just ploughed some more money...

1. 477 Posts.
    Agree with your post, Boomer.

I've just ploughed some more money into SEVPC this arvo given that it hasn't traded in the 93s for about a month, and we're now a month closer to the step-up date.

It's anyone's guess what will happen on 31 May, 2010. Redemption is certainly a possibility, but this would deplete SEV's cash holdings by $496m, and this could limit their ability to carry out a major takeover. Stepping up the rate is another possibility, but the additional 2.25%pa margin would cost SEV another $11.2m in interest per annum - not to mention the effects of any further increases in the BBSW. For every 1% that the BBSW rises, SEV's interest bill will increase by around $5m per annum.

The other option is to convert the SEVPC into SEV ordinary shares but I really don't consider this even a remote possibility as it would have a substantial dilutive effect on Stokes's own holdings.

After May 2010, whether I get $100 cash per share, or $102.56 worth of SEV shares, or continue to get an annual return of 6.9% fully franked (subject to BBSW), I'll be happy.

Which other hybrids do you hold, Boomer?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.