sexist language?, page-41

1. 23,329 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    I suppose the truth from Hansard about what Gillard said in terms of Pyne , wont get a back down from the Lib supporters but here goes .

The Hansard from February 23, 2009 shows Ms Gillard used the words ?mincing? and ?poodle? to characterise Mr Pyne, but not in succession.

At the time, Ms Gillard was speculating about whether Mr Pyne or Mr Abbott should have been appointed to the role of manager of opposition business.

?In a choice between macho and mincing, I would have gone for macho myself, and obviously the (then) leader of the opposition (Malcolm Turnbull), faced with the choice of a doberman or poodle, has gone for the poodle,? she said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/penny-wong-widens-sexism-row-over-senators-catcall-to-accusations-against-tony-abbott/story-fn59niix-1226067870232

Earlier in the same article

Ms Gillard today revealed details of the exchange in the wake of yesterday's furore over a ?meow? directed at Finance Minister Penny Wong, and government claims of sexism directed at the entire Coalition frontbench.

?I did engage in a humorous comparison of Christopher Pyne with Tony Abbott and my clear recollection at the time is I, following the end of the parliamentary week, got on a plane to Melbourne,? Ms Gillard said.

?Tony Abbott was on the same plane and he walked from the gateway where we got off the plane all the way to the luggage carousal congratulating me on my characterisation of Christopher Pyne.?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.