APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Sezzle. America’s answer to APT

1. 1,738 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 879
    They launched in August 2017 and Afterpay launched in May 2018, yet have 226k customers and Afterpay has potentially 1.3 million customers now, adding Sezzle's user base every month.

I would say America's answer to Afterpay is... Afterpay.

I do think they will be able to coexist for some time though as America is huge. Look at Similarweb to see the kind of websites they refer from too, quite different to Afterpay's target market...

Would also say they've done a good job getting to where they are today with only ~ $10 million.

So to sum up, Sezzle will probably be a success, but Afterpay is in a different league.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1497/1497432-6540d2d0a9d7cc9c8c63287b4e26fb9f.jpg

"Can you just paint us a picture of what this business is like in the US, the buy-now/pay-later business? I mean, are they as advanced as Australia on that and how competitive is it? We’re not as advanced as Australia. The US, we would say, is probably 2-5 years behind Australia in this space, but we do believe that the US is going to be adopting it to the same scale that has occurred in Australia. We can sense the wave is coming."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.