SZL 0.00% $24.35 sezzle inc.

Sezzle Authorizes New $15 Million Stock Repurchase Program, page-108

1. 149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    All personal opinion - DYOR. When I think about BNPL in the US I think it comes down to 2 things - reach & offering. When it comes to reach, Sezzle is a tiny player. Afterpay is the grand daddy. When it comes to offering, I'm not sure it has a "bazinga" differentiation to Afterpay. So, overall, it's having a nice run, but how long can that run last, and does it, or can it, have a competitive advantage? I don't think it will have longevity.

Eventually I can see 3 possible things happening - 1. Sezzle reaches scale issues, and needs to spend big $$ to get further reach (advertising, BIG collaboration) which in the US is a huge challenge... Afterpay is too big now, so it'd be a "2 player" market at best; 2. A recession happens - bit of an unknown, could actually be a positive, but more likely a negative; and 3. It gets gobbled up by someone else. Nice pay day.

Personally I'm very happy at $150 and have been selling in small parcels (I have a US account so no brokerage). Will be interesting to see what the US interest rate cut does (increased spending logically). I'll keep a small parcel "just in case" it goes bonkers, but I've more than covered my ZIP losses, and have been amazed I've made ANY profit. Happy days.
    Last edited by Caffeinated: Today, 11:12

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.