SFG 0.00% 0.3¢ seafarms group limited

I'm surprised with this announcement, particularly since the...

1. 4,742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1871
    I'm surprised with this announcement, particularly since the recent rights issue was sufficient to complete the BFS plus a bit leftover. SFG did indicate the BFS was due for completion in the third quarter of 2016.

But since we know that there is a capital raising intention I'm always comforted by the fact that the Chairman has by far the greatest number of shares, and in recent years he has put a lot of cash into the company. He obviously wants the best outcome for SFG, and us minnows benefit from that arrangement.

I agree that there's no point to spend hours wondering what the deal might be, but I'd love it if it were a private placement to a large Australian corporate (eg Wesfarmers) who may gain partial distribution rights or similar. If it was done at a premium to the share price that would be even better! But that's probably asking too much.

By the way if it were a very large placement, eg 25% of the company, that simply needs shareholder approval, and guess which way the Chairman would vote! And I'd be voting the same way!
    You can only hope.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.