SFI 0.00% 9.0¢ spookfish limited

SFI charts, page-21

1. 4,773 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1886
    Hi Shipster, and interesting thoughts. Actually my view is slightly different, but still very positive. I believe its simply a matter of time, and if you are still buying as you mention (similar to me) its all about deciding when to buy. I think we still have a couple of weeks to buy, based on the timeline set in recent announcements - the biggy announcement will be actually earnings and that won't happen for a few months in my view, even though they should be putting all things in place to ensure that earnings begins.
    I would characterise this weeks trading as being totally controlled by the exercise of the options early on, and presumably the dumping of at least some of those 4.5 million newly issued shares. I remain to be convinced that all those shares have been sold off, and thus whilst I remain positive and a buyer I have pulled a number of buys, because it seems that at least one and possibly more that got shares relatively cheaply a while ago are happy to try to shock the market by dumping. That's an interesting tactic, and my reaction now is to drop my bid until the next dump if it happens. If it doesn't well and good and then I will buy more once there is a positive confirmation by announcement that things are on track. As I say, that announcement might still be a while await yet.
    I wonder if the aim of dumping is to "spook" (pardon the pun but its appropriate IMO) the market and try to then buy shares at a lower price again. For me this option is a possibility because being newly issued shares from the options exercise there is no capital gains benefit for the sale of those shares even if the options were held for 12 months or more. But that's all in my opinion of course.
    Long term I remain very positive on SFI, and at some time down the track (as has been the case in a number of other shares over the years) I have no doubt we will all regret not buying more now. I think that the ease with which the shares recovered after the partial dump to 8.3 cents reflects in the underlying demand for the shares, and more than likely its mainly insto's picking them up. (As well as the odd investor like Shipster and myself of course).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.