GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

sg proving he is the true professional, page-11

1. 1,720 Posts.
    Difference of opinion welcome.

If they aquire a rig and then hunt down an experienced driller plus a gang someone then has to manage all this. 110 wells, 106 to go, my guess is that he may want more than one or two or three or maybe even four rigs operating at any one time and I remember SG releasing that he's always on the lookout for new prospects, plus he would currently have a really large workload running with the present staffing levels, add the time taken to source/manage a rig, plus the maintenance issues, plus the additional staffing he has to manage. what if then there are disagreements with the drill foreman he hired, maybe if he walks so do the others. plus with his own drillers what additional expertise is there to fall back on and discuss operating and new well planning issues, contracting the big drillers gives many additional levels of expertise not available with your own, ok if everything goes squeaky clean no probs but when it hits the fan you then need as much help as you can get

so overall he pays a bit more to contractors, but they would have the staff available to replace someone in event of being unable to line up for duty, would even give GGP a priority because of the high number of wells planned, plus rig redundancy which is something he won't have with their own rig.
    plus don't forget you can pay the workers less than the contactors but you may not be able to recruit the real top notch experience needed for the best drill plan and the setup details

I strongly feel he knows when he has a good plan with Union Drilling and somehow I doubt he would want to revisit Kindee Oil & Gas in the PB.

Fausse Point ann on 28/9/09
    "... The Board of Golden Gate Petroleum Ltd (ASX:GGP) is pleased to announce that Kindee Oil and Gas Louisiana, GGP’s wholly owned subsidiary, has entered into an agreement to take a 20% working interest and operatorship in a new high impact oil and gas exploration project located onshore in south Louisiana, just a short drive from its Bullseye Project..."

Now MAYBE if Union Drilling sunk this well it may have been a totally different story, just saying they have been so successful so far in the PB why would you risk achieving these great outcomes just to save a few hundred g's per well when there is a much bigger picture like 3 or 4 wells on the go at any one time.

Do yourself a favor, if you haven't already had a look at the SSN threads of today do so and you may feel it's worth while paying a premium for the best drill and frac teams in USA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.