SGA 2.33% 11.0¢ sarytogan graphite limited

this is a pretty good point, most of the resource/mining sector...

1. 322 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 328
    I think you underestimate retail investors, not everyone has a high risk appetite, and lots of retail wants to play it safe, especially with cost of living issues, interest rate rises, and everything going on in the world.
    this is a pretty good point, most of the resource/mining sector don’t spruik their stocks, and SGA certainly wouldn’t be harmed for doing more to advertise, and you’re bang on; it’s industry wide. however I still think - specifically for retailers that the cheap social media marketing isn’t going to really reach their investor demographic, I don’t know many heavy TikTok users who will be dropping money on an early developer in Kazakhstan because Of their social media activity.

I also wonder if that comes across poorly on the institutional side? I don’t think it should, but they may think it comes across too ‘pump’ish and they want their resource grades, purity of product and operational excellence to talk.

I also wonder, let’s say they create some social media hype, with a bit of a pump in SP, if there is any deadline missed, failed MoU, cancelled offtake discussion, delay with approvals etc, does the more fickle retail investor jump ship and get jilted by the perceived ‘pump and dump’ because a social media campaign to target easy retail, is likely not going to draw your analytical, objective investors who understand this is par for the course for explorer/developer small caps. Which might be more harmful for SP?

I would hope the board has had detailed discussion about the pros and cons of expanding their marketing, but we’ll likely never know. LTR is a stock that comes to mind that I think has had a reasonably effective campaign of small update videos, social media/twitter and unofficial updates along the way - and they’ve probably faired the best of any lithium developer on the ASX during the li bubble burst.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.003(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $16.36M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.3¢ 10.5¢ $10.45K 95.38K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 81286 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 2776 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.48pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.