SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

SGH class action against bellamys, page-13

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    brily, I agree with your sympathy comment.

Common sense suggests there is a hierarchy of ability within high flying executives as there are in any trade/profession and that ability can lead to great success or mediocre performance or worse.

That said, we are increasingly living in a world where people expect perfection, not this day, not this week or next year but instant gratification. If perfection is not forthcoming then somebody needs to pay. It is as if we live our lives in an imaginary protective bubble where everything is (should be) perfect.

Business/investing cannot be guaranteed or everyone would get in on the act and that would counteract the opportunity.

I acknowledge incongruousness supporting a law firm while lamenting everyone wants a piece of flesh. However, there is a place for compensation where despite effort to protect oneself another's actions cause physical/mental suffering. I'm not sure suing public companies meets my criteria as we take on the risk knowingly when we invest, unless there is proven criminal activity that led to losses. Poor timing, failure to meet performance targets, slow to react to industry etc. are not criminal activities in my book.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.