SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

There is a far better method of reclaiming losses and it is...

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    There is a far better method of reclaiming losses and it is arguably a higher moral standard. Accept responsibility for own actions, go back to the drawing board and revise your plan.

Just by changing mindset there is every chance of recover a greater percentage of losses, by taking responsibility for own capital, than one would get as a return from the CA - the bonus is if smart about it all likliehood is that a greater return from taking action will occur before this CA gets its first hearing.

While wallowing in self pity the smart ones accept inherent risks in a market and get on with recovery, and more, of their position.

Argh but I want to know what happened. Great, one learns a little more about the background (emphasis on little) and for the privilege pay out a much greater sum than the CA will return - in lost opportunity. That opportunity lost through sitting in a false sense of relief that MB will somehow fix their personal mistakes and now defensively wait and wait and wait and wait. Meanwhile back in the real world...

Life is tough for those that rely on others to correct their mistakes, plenty of examples in everyday life. Winners dust themselves down, learn from mistakes, and don't waste a moment worrying about it. Tomorrow is always another day.

Personally, I see MB, and that other small fry mob, as the deliverer of gifts. I will be snapping up equity in the grand-daddy of Aussie law firms as it is offered up. I could say they don't know what they are taking on but actaully I think they do know, it is the hope they will give to their clients that I feel is the real tragedy in this story.

The irony is not lost on me though. A company that prides itself in making law accessible to the masses is taken to judgement by the masses on a charge relating to making investing in law accessible to the masses.

If this case is successful it would not surprise me if a growing number of company's take a stronger stance on caveat emptor. No guidance, just a plethora of warnings that the company can only provide actual data and no commentary on outlook. The consequence? Withdrawal of capital from investing in company's due to a dearth of information and a declining standard of living for all. Companies, starved of capital wither and die,

We either have speculate (no the risk and accept it) to accumulate or stash your cash in the bank and starve entrepreneurs of capital. Grow some balls, roll with the punches and if it is all too much keep out of complex financial markets.
    Last edited by Dr.Who: 12/10/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.