SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

all below are opinions... I don't think its "still caveat...

1. 133 Posts.
    all below are opinions...
    I don't think its "still caveat emptor" at all - the tests for the common law tort of deceit, fraud and misrepresentation doesn't rely on that at all.
    What rings out for me was paragraph 44, 76 and most the stuff in the back especially schedule 1.

- paragraph 44 - 'on 19 feb 2015, a meeting took place...S&G communicated to Quindell that its modelled EBITDA ....increased from 68m to 100m...due to info provided by Mr Fielding...'

- paragraph 76 - "Mr Fielding also approved the managed accounts for release to S&G on the evening of 10 March 2015 (after the conference call approving the 2015 budget). The approved management accounts contained an ELPL dilution rate of 22.5%, even though the 2015 forecast that Mr Field had approved earlier the same evening used a materially higher rate (of 30%).

and omg! schedule 1 page 39... Wow, wow, wow.

Questions questions questions and wider implications
    1. what now for the class action by MB and others? Could S&G not point to this case to delay everything?
    2. what now for D4E talks? Could S&G not point to this case to delay everything especially if they get pushed to VA in the courts by hedge funds?
    3. paragraph 44 is scary + the whole claims statement...it feels as if there was an agenda to deceive ,you can't do due diligence when theres a whole framework like this...
    4. I wonder what discovery brings up ... Would love to see the minutes etc when watchstone decides to pass on the money to shareholders...and at the same time s&g were thinking...

this would be such a great book...sorry just flicking my brain explosion...
    with this...you have to be neutral on the stock...theres too many possibilities of what may occur.
    all above are my opinions only.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.