SGQ 0.00% 2.5¢ st george mining limited

SGQ ULTRA HIGH GRADE NIOBIUM - ROAD TO 20C - NEXT WA1 OR EVEN CBMM, page-11

1. 8,960 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8242
    @stockbluesky .... "Grade and resource is king", I agree only I'd add 'size' after resource, and mineable.

Grade by itself is only part of the picture. This very company use to have some fantastic grades of Nickel and copper from a previous project, the problem was no size to the resource. They drilled and drilled and drilled, over 400 holes in the area, without ever releasing an MRE (even though they spent the cash doing a resource drill out!!)

Apparently shareholders didn't need to know what the huge spending on the resource drilling found, other than 'not enough'.

If you found 10 million tonnes of 20g/t of gold under the Opera house in Sydney, it's going to be useless as you will never get permission to mine it, so there is a lot more than just grade and size.

If you found a small really rich resource in the middle of the desert, it's unlikely to ever be mined either, just too remote. However if you find a very large high grade resource in the middle of the desert it will get mined if the feasibility stacks up, Telfer is a good example of this, or Prominent Hill, even Broken Hill going back 100 years.

A successful mine is a combination of factors working in your favour, grade and resource size are the starting points. If all you concentrate on is a great grade, well you could end up with a result like St George had with the Nickel a few years ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $24.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 770000 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 129999 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.27pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.