SGQ 4.00% 2.6¢ st george mining limited

@McQuade ... North of B is in the Eastern tenement under the old...

1. 9,155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8584
    @McQuade ... North of B is in the Eastern tenement under the old tailings dam, which SGQ have already ruled out!!

That leave to the West and North West, which the cross section clearly shows is thinning in anything above 1%.

BTW, I believe the orange to be between 10-20 Grade X metres, not between 10-30 grade X metres, otherwise the legend doesn't make sense (as in anything at 25 grade X metres could be orange or red). I just add it to a long line of mistakes in SGQ announcements.

I'll admit they 'might' find more in the very South West corner after a gap of lower grade, just like they might add tonnes of REEs from there.

I also suspect that all initial drilling will be from known areas, up to JORC standards, possibly 'twinning' some existing holes so that all existing information can be used, if the results are fairly much the same. The wider exploration will come later, with cash raised from after the initial results. (3 billion shares by then??)

WA1 will be mining in excess of 2% grade, just like CBMM has been doing, they have 53Mt at above 2%. It's because of poor recoveries and high capital costs of processing that a high grade is needed, which in terms of SGQ would mean finding a lot of high grade mineralisation to make it worthwhile, of which 0.7- 1.0% doesn't cut it.

If we included the entire green area you have drawn a circle around, about 200m X 400m and assumed an average of 20m of high grade mineralisation of above 2%, it would still only be around 3Mt of ore, with a contained Nb2O5 of 60,000 tonnes, and at the PEA mentioned recovery of 41%, only 24,000T of Nb2O5 over life of mine, from an area much greater than the existing known mineralisation..

What you are also forgetting is that the holes on that map are not the only holes ever drilled in the area. Many others have in the past been drilled, with even CBMM drilling over 20 holes in this area in 1970, plus dug a whole lot of 'pits' as well. If there really was a lot of further Niobium to be found to the West, it would already be well known about, after decades of exploration and drilling in that small area.

The map in the presentation shows Itafos's drilling, which was based on lots of prior drilling and work. I don't think Itafos were fools and just decided to not drill in the best areas, do you?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.