LYC 3.43% $6.34 lynas rare earths limited

The real sticking point for me with REE is no-one really knows...

1. 1,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    The real sticking point for me with REE is no-one really knows how much of the stuff you need for any given application. Before the bubble it was cheap as chips so you could use a tonne of the stuff with minimal impact on the overall cost. Since the bubble I'm sure there's been a lot of focus on recycling and optimising their usage. So I don't believe the future demand figures are correct but obviously their usage will become more widespread. Also hard to believe China's not involved with the endless hurdles that have confronted Lynas. It's seriously ridiculous, they put Molycorp out of business before, now they're doing it again, why allow Lynas to survive? Oh, that's right, China is going to be a net importer and with all their spare capacity and knowhow to process rare earths they wouldn't think buy up a bunch of deposits from companies that have no hope of getting financing for production? Not down ramping, just don't recall this being discussed and it's been on my mind for a long time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.