MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

share buy back of 47million shares, page-5

1. 702 Posts.
    this is the way I read the announcement, and from my experience with share buybacks. As they dont know what the share price will be in the future they put down 15cents. Does this mean that 15cents is the ceiling price that they will pay NO. They will buy back stock even if its 20cents+++

As of today they are willing to buy up to 47million shares @ 15cents. Talk about a company putting its money were its mouth is. They are telling us that 15cents is a rediculous price, and we believe so much so we are going to buy 47million odd shares of it. Why would you be selling, when the company itself is buying it off you.

Then you have the shorters, who would hold short, when the company is buying that many shares, has that much cash and potential farmin's and the Heron drill coming up which could put a rocket under the share price?

The people who dont like it are the people who dont hold stock. Comparing this to BTA, when BTA has vast amounts of Enterprise value built into the share price. MEO enterprice value of this morning is something like -$10million. There is no hot air built into the MEO share price, only supreme negative and overal market fearful views, so what is the saying "be greedy when everyone is fearful" and that is exactly what the company itself is doing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.