ENG 0.00% 89.0¢ engin limited

That's a bit rough!! I noted this section in their revised...

1. 1,965 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    That's a bit rough!! I noted this section in their revised prospectus:

--
    "Uncertainty of future profitability" [9d, page 24]
    ... Accordingly, the extent of future profits, if any, and the time required to achieve a sustained profitability of the Company is uncertain. Morever, the levels of such profitability cannot be reliably predicted.
    --

I don't care much about their predictions on revenue, I think it's a fair basis to assume the revenue per customer will stay about the same. What I care about is the cost per customer - following the restructure. Based on current revenue per customer, will they approach breakeven? If the cost per customer cannot be predicted with any kind of confidence, I think this is a problem. Usage patterns should be pretty well established, so I can't see how a customer would begin costing more (in terms of bandwidth used and other variables dependent on user habits) - and most other costs should be relatively static.

To me I'm worried how someone can go ahead with a restructure if they cannot half way predict whether it's going to put them in a position to become profitable. The key piece of information I'm interested in is are they reliant on a (substantial) increase in subscriber numbers to achieve breakeven, or can they work with existing customer base?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.