CE1 0.00% 0.9¢ calima energy limited

Share Price Catalysts, page-1744

1. 1,258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 681
    Rosencrantz you make valid points but I'm less inclined to make comparisons based on revenue rather than free cash flow.That's an interesting Pair Trading proposition but I don't have the stomach to short any North American energy names....if petroleum prices spike in the northern winter it is I think a risky proposition as the market floats all boats as they say.

I'm not anywhere near as confident as some others here with FCF for the reasons below.

I do not give much weight to the Auctus projection of cash, I actually don't believe them.They're fishing for retail seduced by cash. I suspect we'll see virtually all cash generated reinvested in a larger business based on top line revenue/production rates with investor returns via cash or buybacks being of distant secondary importance. That's not why we invested here. I really think managements aim is to bulk it up & sell it based on reserve expansion & production. They're dressing it up for future sale & there's nothing wrong with that....but if that's the case....spell it out. For that reason Calima's numbers may in 2 years time slot somewhere in the chart close to KEL but if so it will be a far larger producer than today but they'll be spending near all their cash generated to get there. That's a risky proposition if the oil cycle turns between now & then & why I'd like to offload & why some of the others in the chart look attractive right now but I won't at these prices. I could be wrong on everything, just being open with my thinking

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CE1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.