LYC 2.73% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

share price discrepancies

1. 31 Posts.
    As a long-term US investor in Lynas (i.e., LYSCF), I share the frustration of other investors on this forum regarding the share price discrepancies between LYC and some of its competitors that are traded on the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) or the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). As some on this forum previously noted, there is a major increase in the volume of publicity a stock receives when it is traded on the AMEX or NYSE versus only on the ASX. In addition to the much discussed Lynas vs. Molycorp discrepancy, there are two even more blatant examples of non-US rare earth miners whose share prices have left that of LYC "in the dust" simply by managing to get listed on the AMEX / NYSE, and certainly not because they have superior fundamentals. They are AVL (Avalon Rare Metals Inc -- a Canadian company) and SHZ (China Shen Zhou Mining & Resources Inc. -- a Chinese company). During the last almost 2 months that I have tracked them and other LYC competitors, AVL and SHZ have increased 103% and 208% respectively compared to only 70% for LYSCF -- plus they are both up today while LYSCF is down $0.15 as I write.

Since I am, as I said, a US-based investor, I would suggest that in an effort to rectify this discrepancy, some of the members of this forum who live in Australia and who have on occasion pointed out that they have had direct contact with the Lynas staff, contact them and suggest that an effort be made to have Lynas listed on a US exchange. Based on my preliminary research, I see no reason why that would not be possible, because it appears that the Company could satisfy the listing requirements for both the AMEX (i.e., Standards 3 or 4) and the NYSE (i.e., Original Listing Application).

Looking for one or more volunteers. :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.