CVN 1.28% 19.3¢ carnarvon energy limited

Share price end of 2017, page-91

1. 18,544 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2628
    "Hardly serious money. Such light trade really means diddly once someone significant, a minor insto or a slightly high net worth individual, takes a buy or sell position. Really might as well be trading in a coma atm."

EL, I agree with you on this point - it is hard to draw any kind of conclusion atm, based on the market actions. IMHO, the market is like us, waiting for news from CVN management.

Nevertheless, it is still good to see the SP move up slightly, even though at low volume.

I am an optimistic person, so I am hoping for the best - IMHO, if there was a disaster, it would have been reported to the Government by now. But we have heard nothing either from the Gov or from News Organisation since the 15th December 2016.

Furthermore, I note that our CEO has been booked on the Proactive Spotlight speaking tours in late January 2017 - IMHO, you would hardly want to go on a speaking tour if there was a disaster to deal with.

In any case, in a worst case scenario - something serious happened, but not a disaster like Deep Water Horizon. And it will cost us an extra few millions down the track, for the extra time needed to plug and abandon the hole.

People should note, as per our agreement with our JV partner, we are only required to fork out $5M for this drill (PE2), the rest of the cost is deferred.

In a best case scenario, they found a way to re-enter the Caley sand (side-track drill perhaps?) with new equipment.

Fingers crossed it is the later.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.3¢
Change
-0.003(1.28%)
Mkt cap ! $353.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 19.8¢ 19.3¢ $147.1K 752.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 1200178 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 501844 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.04pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.