WES 0.09% $65.34 wesfarmers limited

Share Price Entry Point, page-16

1. 280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 70
    Well said logco. We are quite long-term WES shareholders (30 plus years) and are as disgusted by the way the Board spent $2 million of our money on toadying to the left and teals as we were by the atrociously mismanaged foray into the UK hardware market a few years ago. About a billion down the drain there. It is one thing to donate a modest amount at election time equally to each side. It helps the democratic process and should not alienate anyone. This is a very different kettle of fish. A major change to our Constitution. Speaking as a lawyer of nearly 60 years experience, I say that the (extra) Voice is undemocratic, racist, divisive, unnecessary (the NIAA is given literally billions every year to do the same work), inefficient (there will be hundreds of applications for judicial review of federal executive government decisions) and very, very expensive. We sold half our holding in WES at $50 a pop in the first week of this financial year. We will not be in Australia when the AGM is held but I share your hope that some shareholders will take the opportunity to raise this matter of extraordinary largesse with our money. Where is the benefit to WES?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$65.34
Change
0.060(0.09%)
Mkt cap ! $74.10B
Open High Low Value Volume
$65.08 $65.34 $64.78 $55.23M 846.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 110 $65.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$65.34 325 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.