LMG 3.13% 3.3¢ latrobe magnesium limited

Share price forecast, page-13

1. 719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 323
    No doubt there will be some “issues” along the way that will need to be resolved but it’s hard to see where this might “fail” as such.
    There’s been quite a long lead-up time to get to this position and hopefully all the major potential pitfalls have been ironed out in advance. Years of extensive research and testing including by the CSIRO should mean that the technology is proven. Construction cost blowouts and delays could be a potential risk but so far the demonstration plant is progressing on budget and going to schedule according to LMG CEO David Paterson.
    The business plan numbers look very solid and highly profitable to me. And it’s unlikely to change significantly considering magnesium demand is expected to double by the end of the decade and LMG forecast around a 35-40% net operating profit.
    Rising energy and labour costs coupled with a declining magnesium price are probably the main risks to the company but wage growth is currently low and LMG plan to use 100% renewable energy to run the plant in the future. A significant fall in the magnesium price is unlikely because of the rising demand as mentioned above and the lack of competition from other magnesium producers outside of China which is already under duress due to the high energy requirements of the pidgeon process they use in manufacturing there, not to mention the far higher CO2 production per ton of magnesium in comparison to LMG’s hydromet process.
    So I think there are a few mitigating factors which will help protect LMG against some of the business risk.

It’s really just a matter of time now and being patient as an investor in my opinion. Waiting for the months to roll by as LMG keep ticking off the milestones towards the commissioning of the demonstration plant by June 2023. Soon followed by commercially successful magnesium production. Then expanded to 10-20 tpa and eventually 40k tpa.
    A lot will hinge on having the right proven performers involved which already seems to be the case with Bechtel and Tenova getting involved as per recent announcements.
    It’s difficult not to see the share price at least doubling as a minimum from here over the next 12 months in my opinion.
    My own 12 month share price prediction is 25-30 cents as mentioned in the OP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.001(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $75.15M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.3¢ 3.2¢ $7.173K 217.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29913 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 94669 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.22am 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.