PM8 0.00% $1.66 pensana plc

Yes they may choose the Humber region, or perhaps another one of...

1. 237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 238
    Yes they may choose the Humber region, or perhaps another one of the enterprise zones in the UK for the separation facility to produce the separated rare earth oxides.

I don't think the Humber region has much to do with the manufacture of the core electricity generator in the nacelle of each Haliade-X wind turbine yet.

It will depend on which zone offers Pensana the best deal I believe.

If Pensana's NdPr is actually used for the Haliade-X wind turbines for Dogger Bank rather than grabbed for other needs, the likely steps are:

+ The cargo ships from Angola will be able to use any of the major ports in the UK to deliver the Mixed Rare Eath Carbonate (MREC);

+ Pensana will separate that MREC into separated Rare Earth Oxides such as Nd Oxide and Pr Oxide at site X in the UK;

+ Someone such as Less Common Metals in Ellesmere Port in the Liverpool region will convert that ND Oxide and Pr Oxide into metals and alloys;

+ Then Bakker Magnetics in Netherlands will use those metals and alloys to manufacture the 7 tonnes of magnets for each turbine;

+ Then GE Renewable Energy in Saint-Nazaire in France will use those magnets when building each generator and installing it in that wind turbine's nacelle (the core area of the wind turbine), which will probably be shipped to the Humber for assembly with the blades.

It will be quite an international effort!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PM8 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.