FML 3.45% 15.0¢ focus minerals ltd

As far as I can see no change in the share price at all. It has...

1. 661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    As far as I can see no change in the share price at all. It has reached what the market values the company at with the deal. It seems the vote was never in any danger, and the price dropped reflecting it as a done deal, now now change. I find it hard to accept people are waiting now for the money in the bank. I admit I expected the price to drop, based on the vote being considerably closer. Now the price is 66% of what the Shandong Gold offer valued the company at and no one is buying. Not the company directors, not Shandong, not any of the institutions or sophisticated holders. The only reason I can think of that none of the above are buying is because they do not expect the share price to go up. Can anyone thing of an alternative?

All the price determining is being done by small retail holders, who have either spent all their money, or been saying that it is no longer a good buy after the deal. Maybe buyers are waiting on a stronger signal from the gold price which has stalled a bit now and is at a key pivot point where it could indicate a change in the long term trend forecast. FML's high cash costs are going to be a big issue of gold drops long term, although I do not think it has come to that yet and am still a gold bull which is why I hold still. But I am getting worried that no one in the know is buying at these prices.

Out of interest does anyone remember reading the get out clauses for Shandong Gold? I would still be interested in seeing the price reaction if they bail on the deal, if the share price would recover to pre offer levels or if it is too late for that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.005(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $42.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 15.0¢ $7.169K 47.79K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 72753 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 14055 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.33pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.