RED 4.82% 39.5¢ red 5 limited

Not so, I previously had a large holding in SLR, and spoke with...

1. 2,352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1310
    Not so, I previously had a large holding in SLR, and spoke with LT a number of times on the phone. He was patient, and 'cool', and at the time I didn't fully understand his management rationale. On asking about "talking to the market" he said there's no point when a stock (and its sector) are out of favour.
    His time was better spent micromanaging SLR operations, and talking to institutions when they rang or he had something meaningful to say.
    He was absolutely right - ditto Mark Williams - there were periods when MW was so out of favour, nobody believed his presentations even though most things he projected, in the end, eventuated. I dare say, that if MW had the inclination, to continue working, he would be a sought after by BOD's needing wisdom, technical knowledge and experience .... IMHO.

One should remember that LT took over SLR after the SP crash under the previous MD, who subsequently remained on the BOD (too long) - the SP went from 400c to a nadir of 14c. LT spent several years digging SLR out of that mess, and when the SP had risen to the mid 30c's he launched the Doray takeover, after which the SP took off and after spending some time breaking through 100c, eventually topped out at 257c .... wow ... thank you LT and friends.
    Now Doray is losing lustre as its longevity is in doubt, so LT, after accumulating a large cash reserve, started looking around for long term assets, and after being rebuffed by SBM, turned his attention to RED, which also had expressed interest in SBM assets, particularly Gwalia to feed KOTH

I sold out after the Doray takeover (which was a masterstroke) and transferred, at around 120-140c .... those funds to RED .... which has also required patience and resilience. Lamenting not selling when SLR was briefly near 250c, is a trading error, and lamenting not handing out dividends, which were not sustainable with SLR's endowment assets also shows lack of appreciation of mining fundamentals.

LT has maintained production by acquiring better quality assets, and now with this brilliant acquisition of RED at a very good price, he has added longevity to SLR(RED) .... I would think institutional investors would value his management and his team would they not ??
    The best thing LT could do in the short term, is not start handing out candy dividends, but looking for the next acquisition to consolidate further ... while Big RED has lots of organic growth potential, adding to its ore sources will justify supercharging KOTH which will then become a profit monster.
    How long LT will keep going and who will be his successor will be GOK.
    LT also resuscitated Mt.Gibson iron ore did he not - I held a position for a while, but never made much in iron ore stocks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.5¢
Change
-0.020(4.82%)
Mkt cap ! $2.686B
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 41.0¢ 39.0¢ $9.181M 23.04M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 1243803 39.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 139143 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.