MRF 3.17% 6.1¢ mrl corporation ltd

1/ Is graphite 3rd? It's all a bit subjective, how you read...

1. 43 Posts.
    1/ Is graphite 3rd? It's all a bit subjective, how you read charts like this one, but maybe it makes it into the top 10. That's just generic graphite as well. I've never heard vein being singled out for special prominence by anyone but you Nasa. Can you quote a source for this "top 3 strategic resource"?

2. Lower grade = mostly open pit. Vein = mostly underground. Vein has analogies to high grade gold, including occurring in narrow, discontinuous structures.
    3. Underground mining, especially of narrow, discontinuous veins is usually way more expensive than open cut.
    4. Processing. All the graphite flowsheets that I've seen seem to use crushing, screening and flotation. Some of the highest purity vein would be amenable to hand sorting. Vein graphite does seem to attract a premium price, but the tonnages produced are tiny and make up 1% of the market. It's a niche, boutique product, produced in small amounts.
    5. Yes Sri Lanka is a democracy and the Chinese are investing heavily in their infrastructure. However, the country is prone to corruption and has a long history of bloody inter-ethnic fighting e.g. the rioting and murders that took place in the south west of the country a year or so ago. That was Buddhist vs muslim that time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.